Our Mission Statement
We enable children and youth in the community, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, healthy, and responsible citizens.
Our Boys & Girls Club will be the leading youth service organization in the community that enables kids to gain confidence and a thirst for personal growth through excellent enrichment programs that are provided in safe, state-of-the-art facilities by a talented and caring staff.
The Boys & Girls Club of Pasadena envisions a future where all youth graduate high school ready with the knowledge, skills, and values to succeed and give back in life. Our goal for every member who walks through our doors is for them to experience academic success, develop good character and citizenship, and practice healthy lifestyles.
To help our youth develop into well-rounded adults we offer programs in five core areas: Education & Career Development; Character & Leadership Development; Health & Life Skills; the Arts, and Sports, Fitness & Recreation. Click here for more information about our programs.
Boys & Girls Club of Pasadena Facts:
- We serve more than 2,500 youth, ages 6 to 18, annually
- We are open five days a week, year-round
- We operate three facilities in Pasadena: Slavik Branch, Mackenzie-Scott Branch, and the McCabe Performing Arts Center
- We offer technology centers, teen centers, gymnasiums and swimming pools at both branch sites
- Our operating budget is $1.95 million
- 79% of our budget is spent directly to fund our programs
- 16% of our budget is spent on administration and 5% for fundraising purposes
- Only 3% of our income is generated by Club Member dues
- 80% of our families live at or below the poverty level for Los Angeles County
- We are a Pasadena Unified School District designated site to provide a free, balanced breakfast and lunch to all school age kids (members and non-members) during the summer.
- We count members from cities including Pasadena, Altadena, Sierra Madre, South Pasadena, San Marino, Alhambra, San Gabriel, Temple City, Arcadia, El Monte, Rosemead, Azusa, Glendale, and Los Angeles among others.